cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70-200 L IS 2.8

luigidionisio
Apprentice

just to confim - i sent my lens to CPS to get my lens reapaired , and they told me that the Canon 70-200 L IS usm 2.8 is at end of life and no parts are avalible , im finding this hard to belive . can someone from canon explian 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Try Midwest Camera Repair.  They will work on it.

If I remember correctly version one came out in 2004.  That makes it over 12 years old and a replacement model was released.  Everything comes to an end.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46

@ebiggs1 wrote:

BTW, if curious the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens is my most favorite and most used lens.

If I were in your position with a significant investment in EF mount, I might give thought to buying a second one while they last.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have all the versions of this lens even back to the 28-70mm f2.8L.  Probably do for me at this point in my life.

EB

"I would recommend that you send your lens to ... Canon ... repair facility to have it thoroughly checked out."

That is your first course of action. The lens is very much likely to need, at the minimum, realignment after the fall.  Obvious damage not being noticeable but internal damage is possible.

EB

"It is time for me to get another primary camera."

Best choice staying with EF lens mount would be a 90D.  However, this is the age of mirrorless so buying a new DSLR is not the best practice solution.  The future is mirrorless not EF. It is possible to adapt your 70-200mm to mirrorless cameras.

EB

I, too, am concerned about DSLR v. mirrorless and am equally certain the future is mirrorless. It seems my best course of action is to continue to shoot my camera, see if I can ge the lens tightened up, and wait patiently for the new Canon mirrorless camera rumored to come out this year... right?

"... the new Canon mirrorless camera rumored to come out this year... right?"

There is already some very fine mirrorless Canon cameras on the market.  There has been for some time now.  The missing link is a full on pro model.  The R1 for instance and it will cost somewhere in the $6000 range, body only!

EB

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Congratulations. The II and the III are the same optics. Different paint color and a more resistant lens coating on the III.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements