cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 60D Kit Lense replacment

richken
Apprentice

Hi,

I am shooting with a Canon 60D with the kit lense but need an upgrade that will provide me with greater flexibility and sharper images. I mainly photograph weddings. What would you recomend? Price is a factor!

Richken

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

Weddings are paid work, and the people paying expect great images so if you're serious you'll need great glass. Popular lenses for wedding work are the 24-70 f2.8 L, 16-35 f2.8 L 70-200 f2.8 L IS & the 100-400 L IS. There are a few primes that are popular too but most are L series so do the homework, make the investment & claim the costs as necessary expenses on your taxes.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

As a general upgrade for the 18-55 kit lens, look at the 17-55, 15-85, and for wide angles the 10-22.

But for serious paid weddings, you really should be investing in a FF body with fast sharp lens.

The 50/1.8 is the cheapest way to get sharp images but may not be good for group pics indoors. But if you get paid to do weddings then better get a high-quality zoom because you need the flexibility in order not to lose the decisive moments and not lose your concentration by trying to zoom with your feet.

Announcements