cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry photos with 70-300 4/5.6 USM IS

Robodot
Enthusiast

19 REPLIES 19

Your links are no good.  If you have a UV or CPL lens filter, or any filter, remove it.  I have a lens that is always soft with a UV or CPL filter.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Robodot wrote:

I clicked on it and it worked fine, and no I never use filters. the results from this test shows the problem, its the lens.

The links are working now, and they are 100% meaningless.  They only serve to debunk your claims because it is not your gear.

You need to post sample photos that demonstrate your issue.  Posting images of poor test shots is why people believe your issue is ‘operator error’.   Why should anyone believe there is anything wrong with your lens when you demonstrate that you cannot capture clean and meaningful test shots?

The one “clean” test shot that you posted showed no focusing issues.  Post a real world, regular photo that demonstrates your problem.  Please, forget about the test patterns.  Help someone to help you.  Your “test shots” that you have posted are not supporting your argument, not at all.

I agree with Waddizzle that to seek to help you we need to see images taken with the Canon unit.  It is only by analyzing these that we can seek to help you, as we all want to do.  If you can publish the full EXIF data for the images too, along with any comments about how the photos were taken that would be of help.

cheers:  Trevor

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Did the OP really just delete all of his posts?

What a complete joke.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

What a complete joke.

I think the OP deleted the links to his images.   This is clearly a frustration to him and I know we can all get emotional when things that way.  I hope he will post a couple of his problematic images so we can help him. Smiley Frustrated

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@shadowsports wrote:

It would appear someone has deleted all of the content.

I would not be suprised if he got kicked off the board, especially if he kept up the "Just buy a Lumix" stuff on other threads.

Announcements