Canon Community Canon Community

Reputable Contributor

Re: Best reasonably priced macro lens for a 70d

[ Edited ]

@cale_kat wrote:

@amfoto1 wrote:

Actually, it's hard to go wrong with macro lenses....

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

Almost 2,400 words to answer a macro lens post? Alan, nobody can believe you can write so much (except TCampbell, ha ha) but you risk nobody wanting to read. See the link that follows for the sort of difficulty readers have with this sort of post, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Too_long;_didn't_read

I can't believe you quoted my entire post without at least snipping it a bit!

Macro is a huge topic and there are many ways to do it and a lot of good products to do it with.

One of the problems with the 140-character-Tweet age is that we get too little info or only get it in drips and drabs. It's ruining our attention spans! Maybe try reading a book? Perhaps War and Peace or The Lord ot the Rings Trilogy? Smiley Wink

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

VIP

"Maybe try reading a book? Perhaps War and Peace or The Lord ot the Rings Trilogy?"

Now I am convinced you have a lot of extra time on your hands!    Smiley Surprised

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

While there are a couple of regulars here that are frequently long-winded, IMHO...  nobody who frequently posts to these forums is in a position to implacate someone else for not spending their free time constructively.