cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best reasonably priced macro lens for a 70d

Darren88123
Apprentice

Hi i have got a canon 70d and have just started doing alot of macro photography (Flowers bugs etc) i've been using the the 18-135mm kit lens but now i know im enjoying it im going to get a mocro lens. Cant afford nothing to major as saving for wedding and house. Was just looking for some advice on reasonably priced macro lenses. Any Advice welcome..

Thanks in advance

Darren 

12 REPLIES 12

Bingo
Contributor

The Sigma 150 f/2.8 macro has recieved some great reviews. My friend has that lens and loves it.

I have Sigma 150mm (Non OS one) for 5 years and I love every bit of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

cale_kat
Mentor

@Darren88123 wrote:

Hi i have got a canon 70d and have just started doing alot of macro photography (Flowers bugs etc) i've been using the the 18-135mm kit lens but now i know im enjoying it im going to get a mocro lens. Cant afford nothing to major as saving for wedding and house. Was just looking for some advice on reasonably priced macro lenses. Any Advice welcome..

Thanks in advance

Darren 

Darren, if you're saving for a wedding and a house, your passion for macro photography should take a step back in priorities. Get a used lens. That way, if you find out you need more money to pay the wedding photographer, for instance, you can get all or nearly all the money back when you sell. If you buy a new lens, it will be worth considerably less when you sell it and you will lose a lot of money. (Depreciation is nearly universally highest in the first year of ownership of a new product.)

Just my $.02.

Announcements