cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bayonet style lens with the EOS Rebel

Kyndig
Apprentice

I have an EOS REBEL and want to use a MC AUTO ZOOM CPC PHASE 2 CCT 75-300mm MACRO 1:5.6 @55 Bayonet style lens with it.  Is there an adaptor that I can use with this inorder to make it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

" If not then I am out there looking for a new lense ..."

This is the way to go.  Smiley Happy   Don't waste any money on an adapter and spend/save it for a new lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... what model EOS Rebel you have (XT, T3, T5i, etc.)."

I don't think this question is pertinent.  The question should be, why?  Why would you want one?  The adapter, if there is one, is likely to be worrth more than the lens.

EB

The EOS Rebel  has a bottom plate reading Canon DS6041 with no other markings on the body.  Now as for why, I already own this lense and If I can make it work thenso be it.  If not then I am out there looking for a new lense for my NASCAR, Hunting and general fun with my son.

Does it look like this camera:  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_di...

If so, that's the origitinal "Digital Rebel".  It would accept EOS mount lenses, but I have no idea what the lens is that you mentioned in your post.  I tried to do a few searches for the lens, but any link I found neglected to mention any camera compatibility.  

If you own the lens already, what camera did you use with this particular lens?

If you're looking for a suggestion for a lens... that would depend on what you want to photograph and what sort of budget constraints you might have.  You can spend anywhere from $200 to over $10k on a zoom lens.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Yeah, That is my camera.  Old school for an old man.

@Kyndig wrote:

...  Old school for an old man.

It's not an inevitable correlation. You might be surprised how old some of us are.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

" If not then I am out there looking for a new lense ..."

This is the way to go.  Smiley Happy   Don't waste any money on an adapter and spend/save it for a new lens.

EB

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Yes, you should be able to buy an adapter for that lens. You will need to know the original camera mount that the lens was designed for so you can know which adapter to get.

Look on the mount area and you may see some letters like.........

C/Y  NIK   MIN    PK    P/K     PENT    C/FD    CAN   M42

If there are no letters you will need to show us a photo of the mounting flange, or go to a camera store and get someone there to identify the mount for you. 

Mike Sowsun
Announcements