cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEST lenses for the EOS M50

Obinna
Contributor

Hi all, 

I have a Canon EOS M50. I just bought a multi adaptor and the EFS 24mm f2.8 lens because I want a wider angle and lower F stop. But it seems like the 24mm f 2.8 is not too different compared to the kit lens 15-45mm 3.5-6.3.

1. ) What is the most useful and effective wide-angle lens with a lower f stop or the EOs M50 for night photography? it seems the wide-angle EFS 24mm f2.8 lens works better on a full-frame. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Obinna wrote:

Is that what you use currently? is it good in low light?  My mind is leaning towards the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM for low light/night photography and wide-angle honestly.  what has been your experience for this purpose? 

How much low light are you talking about?  I shoot with an M3, and it is very good on cloudy overcast days.

4D2644DC-2333-46FF-897E-16D33F81B556.jpeg

It is also good indoors in rooms with average lighting.  I haven't tried shooting in the dark, but I have used it to photograph the insides of IDF closets, panels, and racks with the 22mm.  It does a very good job of it, but I do need a wider lens for that type of work.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
No adapter is needed.

icycreative
Apprentice
Hello guys... so I’m new to mirrorless cameras I know quite about filmmaking and photography but this m50 is my first beginner pro camera... so my concern... is when I was in 4K in video mode... I saw horizontal lines like shades lines banding across the screen... only in 4K... and only with a certain tungsten bulb on... I read that certain light frequencies can cause this with shutter speed? And MAIN thing... when I take pics in auto mode it seems to lag like 2-3 seconds after I click the shutter after it focuses and it takes so long for the Image to preview and to try to take another pic right after... now I was trying this in very low blue led light... haven’t tried in the sun yet... I read maybe I have a preview feature 2 second turned on that if I turn off it will help? Just wondering if this is all normal... cuz my canon point and shoot seems SO quick! But probably cus it’s not as complex ?

@icycreative wrote:
Hello guys... so I’m new to mirrorless cameras I know quite about filmmaking and photography but this m50 is my first beginner pro camera... so my concern... is when I was in 4K in video mode... I saw horizontal lines like shades lines banding across the screen... only in 4K... and only with a certain tungsten bulb on... I read that certain light frequencies can cause this with shutter speed? And MAIN thing... when I take pics in auto mode it seems to lag like 2-3 seconds after I click the shutter after it focuses and it takes so long for the Image to preview and to try to take another pic right after... now I was trying this in very low blue led light... haven’t tried in the sun yet... I read maybe I have a preview feature 2 second turned on that if I turn off it will help? Just wondering if this is all normal... cuz my canon point and shoot seems SO quick! But probably cus it’s not as complex ?

You should start a new thread for your issue.  Try resetting your camera back to factory defaults with the camera P mode.  If this does not fix your problem, then I suggest that you either Contact Canon support, or start a new thread of your own.

Announcements