Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: BEST lenses for the EOS M50

Impressive!!! Thanks a lot. Was trying to make up my mind. I ended up buying it today

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello guys... so I’m new to mirrorless cameras I know quite about filmmaking and photography but this m50 is my first beginner pro camera... so my concern... is when I was in 4K in video mode... I saw horizontal lines like shades lines banding across the screen... only in 4K... and only with a certain tungsten bulb on... I read that certain light frequencies can cause this with shutter speed? And MAIN thing... when I take pics in auto mode it seems to lag like 2-3 seconds after I click the shutter after it focuses and it takes so long for the Image to preview and to try to take another pic right after... now I was trying this in very low blue led light... haven’t tried in the sun yet... I read maybe I have a preview feature 2 second turned on that if I turn off it will help? Just wondering if this is all normal... cuz my canon point and shoot seems SO quick! But probably cus it’s not as complex ?
Highlighted
VIP

@icycreative wrote:
Hello guys... so I’m new to mirrorless cameras I know quite about filmmaking and photography but this m50 is my first beginner pro camera... so my concern... is when I was in 4K in video mode... I saw horizontal lines like shades lines banding across the screen... only in 4K... and only with a certain tungsten bulb on... I read that certain light frequencies can cause this with shutter speed? And MAIN thing... when I take pics in auto mode it seems to lag like 2-3 seconds after I click the shutter after it focuses and it takes so long for the Image to preview and to try to take another pic right after... now I was trying this in very low blue led light... haven’t tried in the sun yet... I read maybe I have a preview feature 2 second turned on that if I turn off it will help? Just wondering if this is all normal... cuz my canon point and shoot seems SO quick! But probably cus it’s not as complex ?

You should start a new thread for your issue.  Try resetting your camera back to factory defaults with the camera P mode.  If this does not fix your problem, then I suggest that you either Contact Canon support, or start a new thread of your own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."