cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Focus 70 to 200

PicturePerfect
Apprentice
My auto focus isn’t working and have tried everything with no luck. Can anyone tell me where I can find the address to send a lens in? Do you know if they give you a free estimate on the repair? I don’t want to get hit with a $600 repair bill. Also has anyone ever had their 70-200 cleaned by Canon? My glass has some dust inside and it drives me crazy even tho it doesn’t effect the photos.Im new to have to send a lens in so I don’t know what they do when they clean it. Do they go through the entire lens or just clean the glass? Does anyone know what they charge to just clean the lens?
Thank You in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

They will not clean the lens on the inside. It is not worth it. If you are from the USA, go to the Canon USA website/support and fill out the form, they will give you an estimate of how much it will cost to look at it.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Tim
Authority

PicturePerfect, 

Please advise us and the Canon forum at large the exact model lens you are inquiring about.  Please specify if you have the version I or II, the Image Stabilized or USM version.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Canon recommends "...  periodically having your gear cleaned and checked by a Canon Factory Service Technician. Best of all, if during the CMS we find something that requires more than just a cleaning to correct, we will contact you with a description of the problem and what we recommend to do to fix it."

Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements