cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on a purchase!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Bear with me here. I was going to spend about $400 on two items for my workshiop. Have gone for years without them so I decided to go in another direction. Had a conversation with the CEO of the organization. OK to spend the money if it will be used and not collect dust. As I indicated in another post, I can take macro photos with the wife's camera which would be mainly fishing flies. Not looking to get real close for photos of insects, etc. My thought is to take wildlife photos for sale to publications, separate or with articles. East Tennessee has many places for wildlife photography. We have taken a number of photos out the kitchen window as we have a number of birds who stop by for a snack; rabbits and squirrels in the back yard, too. My Canon EOS Rebel T7 has a 75-300mm lens. Good but could be better. I was considering the "multiplier" to increase it to 600mm. New or reconditioned is OK. Is any aftermarket brand/product acceptable? Your advice is most appreciated as always. Thanks two bunches!

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
21 REPLIES 21

EB, thanks. Will hold on to the 75-300. Sold other things and regretteed it ever since.

Edit- didn't see the $350 reply. Link?????

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

"...prices varied from $499 and up in price on eBay."

I just did a quick eBay search for one. I found one right off for $325 with a UV filter in near new condition.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements