cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action zoom lens

calilove27
Contributor
I have a Rebel T3i and I go to a lot of sports games, so I need some suggestions for action/zoom lens. I'm obviously not a professional photographer haha (: so I have to scratch off those large telefoto lens that the professional photographers use at games.
22 REPLIES 22

@Bingo wrote:

http://www.blucherphotography.com/Sports/Giants-v-Broncos-2013/i-pK84DsN

(The above link takes you to the bottom of my page instead of the top, scroll up)

I used the 70-300 DO IS USM for the above link. I sit 17 rows from the field. You'll see I shot close to my endzone as well as the far endzone.

I rented this lens specifically for the 6 inch rule at most stadiums.

I have a 7D

If you don't have express permission to photograph NFL games for commercial purposes, you should keep an eye on your mailbox for a cease & desist letter from the NFL. They'll be sending one as soon as they discover what you are doing. If you don't comply with the cease & desist, expect to spend some time in court... and to lose.

Most major sports leagues are particularly nasty about this sort of thing.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

I was going to say "whatever" to Alan Myers reply but I took a second look at your page.  I did not see the "BUY" tab.

Mr. Myers is absolutely right.  Selling those images is highly illegal.  On the odd chance someone turns you in or the wrong person sees that, it is just unethical.  Nix the BUY tab.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you. I'm kind of new to the settings on smugmug. I had it set as "private" like most of my galleries. Then took off the private to show an example of the 70-300 lens, not realizing the "BUY" was set. Everything should be good now. Hopefully no harm no foul.
Thank you!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements