cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80d Lenses?

gorichamdi
Apprentice

I think I’ve decided to finally bite the bullet and purchase the 80d.

How’s the 18-135mm that comes in the bundle? Should I spring for this or go with the 18-55mm and purchase a separate zoom?

Also looking for a good portrait.

I’m upgrading from my beginner (a Nikon), for which I only used the lens it came with, so any advice is much appreciated!

22 REPLIES 22

@Tronhard wrote:

Thanks for your prompt response to my questions:

This may be purely semantics but can I confirm my understanding that you either actually focus manually rather than using the lens' autofocus features or instead that you use autofocus with one autofocus point?

From your comment about things you change.  Do you use Live View mode to set up your shot?  If so, are you using a tripod or other device?

He means Manual shooting mode, not manual focus.  But, it does sound like the camera is being used like a smart phone.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Robodot  - I am aware that you use a larger font when writing, and from your comments you, like me, are not as young as  you were and assumedly have some eyesight issues - common enough as we get older.   Do you find it easier when focusing to use the screen at the back of the camera rather than the viewfinder?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Announcements