cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750d & tamron

Photobee
Apprentice

I don't know anything about cameras. I have bought a tamron lens for my daughter's birthday but now I wonder whether I've bought the correct one. She has a 750d and I bought a 70-300 tamron lens with 62mm diameter. Will that fit her camera? There ares so many different types and it confused me.

Thanks 

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Photobee wrote:

I don't know anything about cameras. I have bought a tamron lens for my daughter's birthday but now I wonder whether I've bought the correct one. She has a 750d and I bought a 70-300 tamron lens with 62mm diameter. Will that fit her camera? There ares so many different types and it confused me.

Thanks 

As long as you have a Canon EOS mount version, then it will work with a 750D.  It's kind of long, but it should work just fine.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The 62mm is the diameter of the filter thread at the front of the lens; doesn't matter what camera.

Important is the back of the lens. As stated, be sure it is Canon mount.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Did you purchase this lens SP 70-300MM F/4-5.6 Di VC USD ? "Will that fit her camera?"   If you did it will mount and will probably work correctly.  The problem with Tamron lenses is not really whether they will fit or mount on the T6i but if they will work correctly.  Usually you are safe with the newer versions of Tamron lenses.  You may not be so lucky with some of the older ones.

IMHO, there isn't a compelling reason the buy the Tamron instead of the real deal Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens which we know will mount and work correctly.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Photobee
Apprentice
Thank you do very much for all your kind advice. It is a:
Af70-300 F/4-5. Di. LD Macro 1:2. Model A17E filter Size ¤ 62mm. For Canon

So will this fit the 750D ?

Yes. E is for EOS mount.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@Photobee wrote:

I agree with the above.  You will likely be better off with a Canon lens, especially their new 70-300mm lens.  I have reached a point where I am a bit wary of any 3rd party auto-focus lens.  Not everyone can master the communication with the camera.

Besides, if you use Canon's DPP software, then your 3rd party lens will not show up in the lens correction database.

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Photobee wrote:

Thanks 

As long as you have a Canon EOS mount version, then it will work with a 750D.  It's kind of long, but it should work just fine.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The 62mm is the diameter of the filter thread at the front of the lens; doesn't matter what camera.

Important is the back of the lens. As stated, be sure it is Canon mount.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Did you purchase this lens SP 70-300MM F/4-5.6 Di VC USD ? "Will that fit her camera?"   If you did it will mount and will probably work correctly.  The problem with Tamron lenses is not really whether they will fit or mount on the T6i but if they will work correctly.  Usually you are safe with the newer versions of Tamron lenses.  You may not be so lucky with some of the older ones.

IMHO, there isn't a compelling reason the buy the Tamron instead of the real deal Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens which we know will mount and work correctly.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Photobee
Apprentice

Yes. E is for EOS mount.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

@Photobee wrote:

I agree with the above.  You will likely be better off with a Canon lens, especially their new 70-300mm lens.  I have reached a point where I am a bit wary of any 3rd party auto-focus lens.  Not everyone can master the communication with the camera.

Besides, if you use Canon's DPP software, then your 3rd party lens will not show up in the lens correction database.

Announcements