cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70-200 f/4 L Lens

AllNoAll
Contributor

Hey,

So I just purchased the 70-200 f/4 L series non-IS lens and instead of being pure white it is more greyish/tanish color. Is this normal. Most images I see have it as pure white. I purchased it from Best Buy.

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Yes, the "white" lenses are actually slightly off-white with a bit of a grayish "putty" like color.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

hsbn
Whiz
Like Campbell said, it's normal. Advertising photos tend to make things whiter to look more attractive. It's a great lens. I love it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

@hsbn wrote:
Like Campbell said, it's normal. Advertising photos tend to make things whiter to look more attractive. It's a great lens. I love it.

Really? Deep and enduring affection?

You bet. It is my first L lens. Bought it in 2000 for less than $400 (it was a deal on Dell). I used it so much that the rubber for the focus/zoom had turn white. But I got some of those silicon cloth (to clean guns) to clean it, and now it's sparkling new. 🙂
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

@hsbn wrote:
You bet. It is my first L lens. Bought it in 2000 for less than $400 (it was a deal on Dell). I used it so much that the rubber for the focus/zoom had turn white. But I got some of those silicon cloth (to clean guns) to clean it, and now it's sparkling new. 🙂

yea!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is a very good lens.  Well worth the money.  You will love it too. Ignore the sarcasm here.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was trying to be funny!

SORRY
Announcements