cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6dm2 lens compatibility

Maggieleigh44
Apprentice

Hello,

I just purchased the 6DM2 and want to know if the Sigma DG 150-500 (2008) 1:5-6:3 APO HSM is compatibile.  I previously used it on my crop body, but don't want to try it on my full frame without knowing if it's compatible.  I found a couple of websites that say it is compatible.  Just confirming to be on the safe side.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

If only there were an announcement section on this board where you caould see which lenses have firmware updates! Then you could look and see that Canon just released updates to 3 EF-M lenses.

"... the possibility that Canon might actually release updated firmware."

I have never heard of a firmware update for an "L" lens.  Doesn't mean there isn't any but I never heard of any.  Since CPS knows what lenses I have and I receive regular emails from Canon, it would be nice if some notification was made.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1wrote:

"... the possibility that Canon might actually release updated firmware."

I have never heard of a firmware update for an "L" lens.  Doesn't mean there isn't any but I never heard of any.  Since CPS knows what lenses I have and I receive regular emails from Canon, it would be nice if some notification was made.

The EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM just recently had a firmware update.   I think it is the only L lens to ever have a user installed update available.

It was posted in the "Announcements" area of theis forum:  New Firmware: EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM

Here is a direct link to the Canon USA support page:  EF24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Firmware Version 2.0.0 [Windows]

Changes in firmware: Firmware Version 2.0.0 incorporates the following enhancement: Support for the "panning" scene mode with the EOS M5/EOS M6 has been added. The Panning scene mode reduces subject blurring and blurs the background when the lens is mounted to the EOS M5/EOS M6. The EF-EOS M Mount Adapter is required to use
this lens with the EOS M5 and EOS M6.

Mike Sowsun

"The EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM just recently had a firmware update."

Doesn't help me because I don't have that lens or any mirrorless cameras.  But now that you brought it to my attention I think I do remember seeing that.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I just purchased the 6DM2 and want to know if the Sigma DG 150-500 (2008) 1:5-6:3 APO HSM is compatibile."

I have had three of those lenses. I have used them on a variety of cameras.  Not on the 6d2 but the ones I did use, the lens worked flawlessly.  It isn't a super performer but it is a pretty nice lens.  I had to go through three of them to get a really good one which I still use on my 1d2n.

EB

_D4_8629.jpg

EOS 1D Mk IV, Sigma 150-500mm @150mm, f8, 1/400, ISO 800

EB
Announcements