cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50mm f/1.4 on EOS R only going down to 2.0

BairStrokes
Apprentice

My 50mm f/1.4 worked Greta in the past but on my latest outing it would only go to f/2.0 on my EOS R. Doesn't matter of I'm in manual or any of the priority settings.

I've searched to see if there was a limitation setting similar to the auto iso but I can't find anything like that. The on screen setting adjustment also only shows f/2.0 as the lowest option.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Amy suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Which adapter are you using to connect the EF 50mm lens to your EOS R?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

First off reset you camera. Then try it again.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@BairStrokes wrote:

My 50mm f/1.4 worked Greta in the past but on my latest outing it would only go to f/2.0 on my EOS R. Doesn't matter of I'm in manual or any of the priority settings.

I've searched to see if there was a limitation setting similar to the auto iso but I can't find anything like that. The on screen setting adjustment also only shows f/2.0 as the lowest option.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Amy suggestions?

Do you turn the camera off to mount or unmounting a lens?  I think doing so is the recommended best practice for just about any Canon mirrorless camera.  

Try resetting the camera, as previously suggested. Do not bother with tryin to clean lens contacts.  As noted, if you are not using a Canon mount adapter and a Canon lens, then that could be a cause.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

" Do not bother with tryin to clean lens contacts."

I second this.  Don't do it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Its likely a Sigma Art:

Firmware download | Support | 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art | Lenses | SIGMA Corporation (sigma-global.com)

But the latest FW doesn't state anything about mirrorless, so I suspect as others have mentioned it has to do with settings or the adapter being used if not Canon.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements