cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.2x Professional Telephoto Lens

exploringusa48
Apprentice

The 2.2x Professional Telephoto lens by Vivitar came in a kit with my Canon Rebel T5i. I put the lens on then placed my EFS 55-250 on MF.

Do I need to put the camera on a special setting to use the 2.2x telephoto lens? When I try to take a picture it blurry. My pictures are of birds.

Canon Rebel T5i
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

cicopo
Elite

You have to focus the lens manually. It's not easy to do using the viewfinder but you may be able to do it reasonably well using live view.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

hsbn
Whiz

If you turn your lens to MF,  then you have to focus it manually. Otherwise you'll get blurry out of focus photo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

That camera won't be able to auto focus using that TC & lens. It can't AF at smaller apertures than f5.6

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

You have to focus the lens manually. It's not easy to do using the viewfinder but you may be able to do it reasonably well using live view.

hsbn
Whiz

If you turn your lens to MF,  then you have to focus it manually. Otherwise you'll get blurry out of focus photo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

exploringusa48
Apprentice

I don't think I'm ready to manualy focus the camera yet. I have so much to learn about my new camera. Thanks you for your time. 🙂

Canon Rebel T5i

Then why you switch it to MF anyway. It works like filter, so it should work in auto focus mode. But I don't think you should use it because the quality of the filter is questionable.

That camera won't be able to auto focus using that TC & lens. It can't AF at smaller apertures than f5.6

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements