cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17-85 EFS jammed aperture

Rebel
Contributor

My favorite lens, EFS 17-85mm ultrasonic with image stabiizer, has a bad boo-boo. The aperture mechanism is jammed. I've tried many remedial methods.

Anyone out there ever experienced this issue with this lens?

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello Rebel, 

I understand the aperture seems to be jammed in your EF-S 17-85mm lens.  With this sort of mechanical malady our Factory Service Centers are best equipped to provide a hands on evaluation.  Once we receive the lens our technicians will asses the extent of the damages and write up an estimate for you.  The easiest method to obtain service is to set up a service ticket through our Service & Repair web site, here.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you decide to have it repaired consider the cost.  A good used copy of that lens is in the $125 to $150 range.  Maybe the cost of the repair!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

JonKline
Enthusiast

I absolutely love Canon service, but I will be very surprised if the cost of repair and shipping for this lens is less than the cost of a refurbished lens. You may want to consider just buying a replacement, or upgrading to a Canon 17-55mm f/2.8.