cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11-24mm or 16-35mm no distortion

Seeyoulaterby
Apprentice

I need a wide angle lens for real estate photos Deciding between 11-24mm or 16-35mm 

13 REPLIES 13

"A point to illustrate the difference: I can't imagine using a fisheye lens for real estate photography. But I've seen one used very successfully for architectural photography.

I probably wouldn't use a fisheye for either purpose, but that's just me."

That particular fisheye is a zoom lens.  It behaves a little differently on crop body, compared to a full frame.  On a crop body, it is more of an ultra-wide zoom than a fisheye.

Smiley Surprised  Check out the sample photos at my favorite NYC online camera store.  Smiley Surprised

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"That particular fisheye is a zoom lens."

It seems like you and I have little to agree on so I generally don't (trying not to anyway) respond to you but this time we do.

The Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens is a special lens and it is more fun than most can realize.  Just as a big tele is great to use so is an extreme UWA lens.  One thing, however, it is only a  full circle 180 degree on a FF.  Keep in mind anything that runs directly through the center of the lens, horizontal or vertical is straight.

Over the years I have had the opportunity to own or use a couple hundred different lenses.  Still own some forty+.  All brands included. Some borrowed from work. Some I bought. Some I bought first and either kept or sold them on.  All Canon lenses are good, likewise so are brand-N's.  Some are better than others.  Some are great and they are keepers. The Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Lens falls into that category.  It has become a mainstay in my bag.

In this case, though, the Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Lens for Canon is the lens the OP wants.  The only quirky thing about it is the AF/MF switch but I rarely take a lens off AF so I don't care. It isn't in my main bag as I love the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Lens.  But for half the cost of the Canon the Tokina would do nicely.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

B from B,

Remember he said, "Deciding between 11-24mm or 16-35mm"

This makes the Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Lens for Canon the winner.

house.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

B from B,

Remember he said, "Deciding between 11-24mm or 16-35mm"

This makes the Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Lens for Canon the winner.

house.jpg

Nice shot.  I'd be curious to know the focal length.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements