cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use canonscan 8800F in Windows 10

Collyweston
Apprentice

My computer has upgraded to Windows 10 some weeks ago. My CanonScan 8800F worked fine until yesterday but now it will not work anymore.

The Canon website states that it is not compatible with Windows 10 and I should buy a new scanner.

What is the solution here, bearing in mind it seems impossible to undo MS Windows 'upgrades'?

It seems wrong to me that I should scrap a perfectly good piece of kit because of Canon's driver maintenance policy.

I have bought thousands of pounds worth of Canon kit in the past. At least 5 EOS cameras including a 5D Mk11, lenses, Printers. I'm not going to spend another penny on Canon kit unless I can feel confident they are not going to make my other kit obsolete prematurely.

3 REPLIES 3

Collyweston
Apprentice

I found a solution from teh Microsoft Community Forum

The issue is that the CanonScan 8800F is not supported by Canon under Windows 10, which means there is no Windows 10 driver for it. 

Syed Md Bilal, a Microsoft Support Engineer wrote on the Microsoft Community on 14 October 2015:

"Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
"As you are unable to find the “CanoScan 8800F” printer drivers from manufacturers website, which are compatible with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode and check. Follow the steps provided below.
"Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
"Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
"Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
"Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it."

I downloaded the Windows 8.1 64 bit Driver and then ran the installer in compatibility mode for Windows 8.

It worked for me, now my CanonScan will talk to me Windows 10 PC running the Canon Solution Menu software.

Hope this helps if anyone else has similar issues...

Sean007
Apprentice

Canon 8800F Scanner Setup on Windows 10

Download driver from:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_8800f.a...

Under “Your Operating System” Select Windows 7 (64-bit)

Select Download

When downloaded go to “Downloads” Folder on your computer

Right click the downloaded file and select “properties”

Select “Compatibility” tab

Tick box “Run this program in Compatibility mode for:”

Select “Windows 7”

Click “Apply” then “OK”

Go back to Downloads folder and double-click the file to install the driver

Download MP Navigator EXE V 1.08 from:

https://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0200394602.html

Select “Download Now”

When downloaded go to “Downloads” Folder on your computer

Right click the downloaded file and select “properties”

Select “Compatibility” tab

Tick box “Run this program in Compatibility mode for:”

Select “Windows 7”

Click “Apply” then “OK”

Go back to “Downloads” Folder and double-click the file to install it

Use the MP Navigator EXE V 1.08 program to operate the scanner.

Hope this helps

The latest version of Open Office will process a scan with the 8800F:

Drawing>Insert>Picture>Scan>Request

I do not know whether this actually requires the Windows 8 driver or not. I installed that before I tried Open Office.

SF

Announcements