cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shop all in one inkjet printer with Black & White print option

jgy2001
Contributor

Shopping for low cost all in one inkjet printer

Need to have "Black and White" print option. Current Canon i860 inkjet printer ONLY have grayscal print option which constantly using up all my color cartridges even we only print in black and white.

Use by Windows 7 PC system.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

jgy2001
Contributor
How do I get my Canon printer to print black and white only? Right-click on your Canon printer and select “Printing preferences” from the context menu. Open the “Maintenance” tab on the far right and click “Ink Cartridge Settings.” Click on the “Ink Cartridge” drop-down menu, select “Black Only” and then click “OK.” I am unable to find this "Ink Cartridge Settings" in my Canon i680 printer property. Can you please tell me any of your Canon printer has this function? Thank you.

Hi jgy2001,

The i860 does not have an option to only print using the black ink tank.  To print using only black, the text you are printing must be black and the paper setting must be set to plain paper.

In regards to newer printers, printers that use 1 black and 1 color ink cartridge have the ability to be set to only use the black ink cartridge.  That can be set using the same steps that you outlined in your 2nd post.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Which Canon low cost inkjet all in one printer has the "Black and White" print option.

Also any has the printing option to select using the large black tank cartridge.

I am talking not about grayscale printing option which uses all color cartridges.

Hi jgy2001,

If you want a 2 low costing 2 ink cartridge printer and it does not have to be wireless, I would go with one of the MG2500 series printer. If you need wireless then you will want the TS3100 series.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you.

We are thinking to order the Canon Pixma TS8220 all in one inkjet printers with "Black and White" print options, in addition to grayscale print option.

We will be using ONLY black and white printing of documents. Low volume printing.

How is the TS8220 compare to the MG2500 and TS3100?

Hi jgy2001,

If you are mainly going to be printing a low volume of documents and you are not worried about printing high end photos, then I would say stick with the TS3100 series. The TS3100 series only has 2 cartridges and will allow you to select the Black cartridge only and you will be able to connect the printer wirelessly or with a printer usb cord.

The MG2500 series is good for printing documents and if you only want to connect the printer via a usb cord since the series is not wireless.

The TS3100 has no scanning option, correct? Just printing and copying?

Hi jgy2001,

You can scan with the TS3100 series printers. There is scanning software called IJ Scan Utility that allows you to scan.

Thank you.

Wow, we just read the Amazon reviews on this Canon TS3100 printers. The negative review does not paint a pretty picture. If I works for Canon, I will not recommend this printer to any customers. 

I think we are willing to pay a little extra up front for the TS8220. Don't you agree?

Announcements