cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanner not working

rkerson
Apprentice

I have a canon lide 200 scanner which cannot scan more than one document at a time. I get a 'cannnot commumicate with the scanner. Cable may be disconnected or scanner may be turned off. Check status.' error message if I attempt to scan a second tiime. I have reinstalled the software and drivers with no change. The scanner has worked perfectly for a few years, but not now. I have windows 7 professional running. I can get more then one document to scan if I unplug the scanner's USB cable and reattach it between each and every document.    

When I repeatedly reinstalled the software and drivers from the canon website, I get a message the driver may not be installed correctly. When I did this in safe mode, I do not get this message, but get a message the driver has been installed and then when I run the solftware I get another message that the driver is missing so that the scanner cannot run. I have no qlue what to do to get this cannor to work properly. Thank you    

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi rkerson,

Sometimes USB cables can go bad and cause issues like you are experiencing; if you have one, we recommend connecting the scanner to your computer with another USB cable to try and resolve the issue.  You can also try plugging the USB cable into another USB port on your computer.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements