cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ScanGear-Internal error occurred-Scanner driver will be closed- Code 5,202,54"

Jbertke
Contributor

After upgrading to Windows 10 and attempting to scan, I get the message-"ScanGear-Internal error occurred-Scanner driver will be closed- Code 5,202,54". No problem before upgrade.

4 REPLIES 4

BillS
Mentor

Hi Jbertke,

This error can often be resolved by reinstalling the scanner driver.  For Windows 10, it would be best to download the driver from www.usa.canon.com.  If you need more specific instructions, please reply with your scanner model number (e.g. LiDE220.)

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Same problem for me. Model is Canoscan 9000F.

I have removed and then reinstalled latest drivers from your website. I am running windows 10 64 bit.

wjkyy
Apprentice

Same issue here with Canoscan 9000F, driver update did not help. Any suggestions?

thorenj
Apprentice

Try restarting the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service.  That resolved the issue for me.  From a blog post I found:

"The error message probably caused by the services on your system for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA). This service provides image acquisition services for scanners and cameras. You should makesure the status has running or you have to restart this process."

I hope this helps.

Announcements