cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with canon PC-6RE

taxator
Apprentice

I have an old PC-6re that has begun to only print totally black copies. I have installed a new toner cartridge and done all the cleaning instructions given in the owners manual and still nothing but black out put. Does anyone have any experience with this copier? Any suggestions? What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi taxator.

Since the issue persists, the printer will require service. Please call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays), so that we can discuss your options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi taxator.

I will be glad to assist you.

It is recommended that you clean the dustproof glass, using the cleaner. The cleaner is stored on the underside of the platen glass cover.

Please turn the copier off and unplug it from the wall. Next, follow the steps below to clean the glass:

1.  Lift up the gray lever and open the copier.

2. Pull out the cartridge.

3.  Place the cleaner against the dustproof glass, and then move it from end to end, several times.

Once the cleaning is complete, please reseat the cartridge, close the copier and turn it on. After the printer is back on, please make a copy.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrice,

Thanks for your reply. I have carefully tried all the suggested cleaning proceedures listed in the owners manual including inspecting the drum.

Even with a new cartrige the copier out put is a totally black page. Not sure where to go next.

Hi taxator.

Since the issue persists, the printer will require service. Please call our Enterprise & Desktop Solutions Divisions at 1-866-261-9362 or 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays), so that we can discuss your options.

Announcements