cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing envelopes

betsyfio
Apprentice

What would the best Canon multi-function printer be for me to print custom size envelopes?

2 REPLIES 2

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi betsyfio,

In the category of envelope printing, I would not put one particular model ahead of any other, as they all use the same method for printing envelopes.  Only #10 sized envelopes are officially supported in the driver, so if you use a custom size for envelopes you would have to make sure that the program you are printing from has the proper template for printing on the size of envelope you want to use.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

alvmitchel
Apprentice

My answer at the present time would be none.

To print an envelope PIXIMA MX 922 Manual tells you to remove paper from bottom tray, adjust guides for your size envelopes, put in as many as ten envelopes and re-insert tray and you're ready to go.

I called Canon to ask if this was correct. The operator told me it was. I said are you telling me that to print one envelope I have to go through all of that. Her answer was, "Yes."

That can't possibly be correct.

The only workaround I can figure out is to buy a plain Canon paper tray, set it up for envelopes and set it in the top slot ready to use if you want to print an envelope or envelopes.

Do I understand the Manual instructions correctly? Will my solution work? Of course you can't adjust the paper guides in the upper tray that came with the printer for much of anything.. Finally, where can I buy a "standard" paper tray similar to the one that in the bottom slot of the printer.

An answer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Announcements