cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma 870 paper jam

rhonda
Apprentice

Every time I try to print anything from any source, the paper jams.  I cleaned the rollers, no difference - when I get to the part where I put paper through, it just jams as usual.   There was a clicking sound while the roller was self-cleaning for the rear feed.  

2 REPLIES 2

rhonda
Apprentice
The unit is about 2 years old and has worked flawlessly until today. I've read everything in the manual and followed all the directions I can find. The paper seems to be grabbing from the feed at an angle instead of straight on, so the paper cannot get the the point of receiving ink.

Ramona
Authority

Hi rhonda,

Since the roller cleanings have not resolved the issue, we will want to ensure that there are no obstructions in the printer that could be causing the paper to feed incorrectly.  To do this, with a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed areas of the printer as well as the inside of the printer where the print head is located and ensure that nothing has fallen in the printer or is causing an obstruction.  If you still experience the same issue after this has been verified, the printer will unfortunately require servicing to resolve the issue.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to be provided with your service options. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements