cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving scanned images after....

hausding
Apprentice

I would like to save all the scanned images from my old win 7 computer where I had navigator.....I didn't find the save feature until recently, so not sure a majority of my scanned paperwork ever left the program to "my documents" or to  Picasa where I might find them.

I just bought a new computer and am using it, then realized my scanned images were stuck in the old program on the old computer?  I accessed the old computer and opened the scanned image files, selected all, but there is no "send to" feature where I could send to a SSD, or jump drive........how do I get the old images off the old computer and onto the new computer?

I bad......  Sid, Alpena, Michigan

5 REPLIES 5

joe_okura
Enthusiast

@hausding wrote:

I would like to save all the scanned images from my old win 7 computer where I had navigator.....I didn't find the save feature until recently, so not sure a majority of my scanned paperwork ever left the program to "my documents" or to  Picasa where I might find them.

I just bought a new computer and am using it, then realized my scanned images were stuck in the old program on the old computer?  I accessed the old computer and opened the scanned image files, selected all, but there is no "send to" feature where I could send to a SSD, or jump drive........how do I get the old images off the old computer and onto the new computer?

I bad......  Sid, Alpena, Michigan

ok its super easy. slect all then copy and paste to the thumb drive depnding on the amount of files might take 1 min to serverl hours.

a ftb n ti1 70d 5d mk3 lens, 50 1.8mk1 50mm 1.4 16-35 4.0isL 400mm 5.6L
etc. using canon slrs from 1975

if it will let me copy and paste, I think I tried that, but this new computer and its mouse are flakey....I will do that. BUT, where do I go to paste......on the desktop and then "send to"...…..or, is there a link on the computer after plugging in the jump drive, where it can just cover and hit paste? Thanks you very much for the reply. Sid

@hausding wrote:
if it will let me copy and paste, I think I tried that, but this new computer and its mouse are flakey....I will do that. BUT, where do I go to paste......on the desktop and then "send to"...…..or, is there a link on the computer after plugging in the jump drive, where it can just cover and hit paste? Thanks you very much for the reply. Sid

1 plug in the drive open drive window Thumbdrive

2 open the folder you want to trasfter if its in a program 

slect all holding the rt mouse botton then copy then paste in to open drive window.

2A if you can see the folder outside the program just rt click with mouse drag folder to the open thumb drive

well.....was finally able to get the old mouse to work correctly and clicked on 'select all', from there I worked my way into sending to the thumb drive...…..got most of the photos and text pages...…...most. Can't get the last 3% for some reason, but will try again later. Thank you for being patient and you did give the motivation to 'try again'....:-) the Sid

the last 3% might be beyond the thumbdrive size

Announcements