Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: image garden to print simple CD label.

I feel your pain1  I just spent the last 3 hours trying to replicate my company's CD layout I used on my Epson Artisan printer in Cannon's Image Garden.  It's just not possible!  I am going back to Epson unless I find either another program that I can use that works with my new Cannon MX922 printer.  If anyone knows of such software, please clue me in!  Thanks.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a link to the old Canon CD Label Print, Image Garden, in my opinion is useless.

https://www.filepuma.com/download/cd_labelprint_1.4.2-7348/

Occasional Contributor

I now design my label completely as a single image using a non- canon product. I use Paint.net, which is free and very good. I have a template setup which is basically just a square image with a large circle in it to show where the edges of the disk are. I'm sure other drawing products can do the same.

Once I have my label image, including all text, I use Canon's Easy Photoprint EX, downloaded from their website. Click Layout and choose the one without any embelishments. Go to select images and select your prepared label image as the background. Delete the text boxes it insists on giving you and print.

It really shouldn't be that clunky but at least it works.

Canon, take note. Please stop trying to guess what sort of pre-packaged label the "average" user wants and just give us a nice simple way to design a complete label from scratch.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi!

You can do it with RonyaSoft CD DVD Lbel Maker software - https://www.ronyasoft.com/products/cd-dvd-label-maker/download.html

like this:

Screenshot_1.jpg

New Contributor

CD-LabelPrint is an excellent program, but unfortunately does not support new Canon printers. (Like my PIXMA TS705)
I have a lot of CD-LabelPrint labels (* .cld), which I can not use anymore. I have contact with Canon, and get the answer: Bad luck ... Does anyone know how to print * .cld files with other software. You do not have to expect anything from Canon anymore! Canon: Shame on you!