cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install my image garden software on D drive

dr-roboto
Apprentice

My C drive is setup for system stuff only.  All apps are installed on the D drive.

How doI install the canon app software on the D drive?

It does not seem to give me an option.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@dr-roboto wrote:

My C drive is setup for system stuff only.  All apps are installed on the D drive.

How doI install the canon app software on the D drive?

It does not seem to give me an option.

How do I install the canon app software on the D drive?

You don't, only software that has a "Directory Path" dialog with a "Change" button can be modified. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi dr-roboto,

If you are not given the option to save the download to a specific location. Save it to the default download folder and manual move it to the desired driver's download folder before running the download. 

@Caemene wrote:

Hi dr-roboto,

If you are not given the option to save the download to a specific location. Save it to the default download folder and manual move it to the desired driver's download folder before running the download. 

You might want to re-read the OPs post.  He isn't asking how to specify the directory where a download can be saved....    he wants to install the software to his D:\ drive. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

RitzB
Apprentice

You can use MKLINK on NTFS and create a symbolic link (in this case a Directory junction) to another drive and path.  I won't go into too much detail here since you need to know what you are doing ot risk messing your system up.  You also need to have AV software that is not so cheap that it gets confused by symbolic links.

In my case I use the defender with NO issues.  I have a c:\program files (x86).  I also created for simplicity a d:\program files (x86) folder.  I then created a junction so that "Program Files (x86)\Canon" has a junction to "Program Files (x86)\Canon".  When and read or write operation to the canon folder on C: is attempted, it will redirect to 😧 drives canon folder.  Again read up on doing this.  It works well for me.

Announcements