cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help in choosing a printer

Lbro7
Contributor
I do not want wi fi or blue tooth wireless onnection... just a cable. I returned a hp envoy printer as it hooked wireless to my laptop with windows 7 but my PC with windows XP hooked with a cable showed the printer in its location but would not print after two hours on hp chat. My old brother printer would unplug cable and plug into ether computer but always jamming.
What low tec cannon printer is still out there.
7 REPLIES 7

Lbro7
Contributor
I should have said a Scanner/Printer

Network cable, or local connection via USB?  Color or black & white?  Inkjet or Laserjet?

Did you know that inks for inkjets come in two basic styles?  First, there are the real cheap inkjet cartridges that dry out in a few weeks, whether you use the printer or not. 

Second, there are the larger capacity [and more costly] cartridges that do not dry out, which means printers that use them are less costly to operate over the long run.

Finally, I recommend a laserjet printer, one that uses toner.  You can print thousands and thousands of sheets from one cartridge, and the toner cartridge will last for years.  I am currently in my 6th year with the same printer and original cartridge.  I have gone through four reams of paper with it, and working on a fifth.  I use separate scanner, or simply take a photo.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Lbro7
Contributor
I will check out the laser jet.
Using a USB connection to computers
I also didnt like the HP Envey as i ustp print on envalopes.... addresses. And it refused to print the envalopes my wife got as there size wasent on the print programs sizes. ...... too smart

@Lbro7 wrote:
I will check out the laser jet.
Using a USB connection to computers
I also didnt like the HP Envey as i ustp print on envalopes.... addresses. And it refused to print the envalopes my wife got as there size wasent on the print programs sizes. ...... too smart

I don't use my printer a whole, whole lot.  Mainly to print discount coupons, recipes, ticket receipts and other small stuff.  I purchased a B&W laserjet because I felt that I didn't need color [multiple cartridges to buy] with the expected printing volume I would do.  I waited for a sale and bought it for half off the list price.

I am surprised to hear that you could not find a template to print on a given envelope size.  Envelopes are pretty standard, unless the printer was more photo oriented than business oriented.  I use a separate photo printer, BTW.  It's an inkjet [Pixma Pro-100] that uses the more expensive inks, which do not dry out as quickly as the cheap ones.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Lbro7
Contributor
It was frusterating as she bought envalopes to fit an invataion party picture that fit a 5 - 7 picture and the closest template size was a silly millimeter larger...... sorry the print is ca sled because a wrong size envalope is being used. My old printer just fed what i put in it. Too smart of printers now.

Lbro7
Contributor
I found the perfect simple printer for my old PC win XP hard wired and laptop with win 7 hard wired. After downloading CD in both i just plug into either machines and print and does it print some nice pictures. This Cannon Pixma MG2520 for $40 is great. For that price im getting another one as soon all you will be able to buy are the wireless blue tooth Cloud too smart jobs

andrewlu
Apprentice

If you are still looking for solution deciding what type of printer you are looking for, you can refer to this page, they got detail information guiding you what will be the best  ! 

https://www.123inkcartridges.ca/topics/659-how-to-choose-the-right-printer

Announcements