cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cd print My images garden

imagesbyalbury
Apprentice

I just bought a Pixma MG6320 and was all set to print new CD labels.  Well, #1 my Roxio does not support anything but Epson printers.  #2 then tried to use my Canon My Image Garden software..out of the thousands of photos I have on my computer it found almost none - zero -. After some work I finally was able to get a jpg to the CD software window but when I drug it into the square in the preformated disc, wala...it gould not be reduced to a size that fit in the window.  If Canon is ging to put software in the package with the really good printers they produce, it should be user friendly.  And yes, I did download the manual and it appears to assume that the software will "automatically" find all my photos and the pictures will be just the right size and shape to fit in their preset CD labels.  If anyone out there can help me make this work I would sure appreciate it.

Carl

Moderator Note: Removed personal email address per forum guidelines.

9 REPLIES 9

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi imagesbyalbury,

Since you are already familiar with the manual for the My Image Garden software, I strongly recommend contacting us so we can walk you through the process of creating and printing your CD labels.  While the process can be overwhelming at first, speaking from personal experience, after running through the steps once, it becomes a lot simpler.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

are there any other programmes that work with the ip7250 for designing cd labels, none of the menus allow me to do what i want and all the templates have to be exactly how they are set out and not editable, my last printer lasted 10 years and the programme that powered that was far more advanced, ive even designed my label on photoshop but it won't even drag across, i bought this printer for this function and this function alone and its completely unusable

juddrackham
Apprentice

Carl,

Or Canon Moderator,

Did you get my images garden to print on cds yet? I have not, software is incredibly bad. "Failed to load" :"internal error"  and no printing.  Discus and Epson have been rock solid for thousands of discs, until mac os mavericks, 

Judd Rackham

I have found that Easy-Photo Print is easier to use for CD Printing than My Image Garden, it should be able to be downloaded from the website.

Hi juddrackham,

So we can better assist you, please reply with what model printer you are using with My Image Garden, as well as if there are any error codes associated with the error messages you are receiving.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

chaotic1
Apprentice

I too struggled at first trying to create disc labels using the Canon Image Graden. Here's how I found it to be easy when using it with a MG7720. Note the image should be sized accordingly first, I just use the original for DVD labels.

1. Open the Image Garden tool

2. Select the "Create or Open Items" title in the LH pane.

3. Select the "Disc Label" icon in the top row that appeared in the last step.

4. From the "Set Design and Paper" window select the plain white "Simple1" in the Design List options.

5. Set the "Paper Size" to your disc size, e.g. Standard disc 4.7" 120 mm. This can be fine adjusted later.

6. Leave the orientation set at "Portrait" and the "Display recommendation" box checked. 

7. Select OK.

8. The Canvas should now have a white disc to edit with tools at the bottom. Select the "Add Image" icon, from the pop up window and navigate to the image you want to appear on the disc. Repeat for multiple images if needed. The images will be saved in the top tool bar. 

9. To place an image on the entire disc, select the "Background" icon on the bottom tool bar. From the new pop up window select "photo", then "OK". (Select the image desired before clicking ok, if more than one) 

10. The disc will now have the image. you can move it by selecting and dragging it. 

11. For text, select the "Add Text or Layout Frame" icon in the bottom tool bar. Select "Text" then click on the image added from the previous step. Select a Font size and character, type or paste any text, click off the image and adjust as needed. 

12. Select "Print" . Note the size of the disc print area can be adjusted from the "advanced" icon. 

Hopefully this will help others 

Another option -

1. Open the Image Garden tool

2. Select the "Create or Open Items" title in the LH pane.

3. Select the "Disc Label" icon in the top row that appeared in the last step. This can also be selected directly from the desktop icon as a first step (if Image Garden is enabled during start up).

4. From the "Set Design and Paper" window select the "Simple 2" in the Design List options.

5. Set the "Paper Size" to your disc size, e.g. Standard disc 4.7" 120 mm. This can be fine adjusted later.

6. Leave the orientation set at "Portrait" and the "Display recommendation" box checked. 

7. Select OK.

8. The Canvas should now have a checkered image over the disc.

9. With your pointer over the checkered image, right click, then select “Insert/Replace Image”, from the pop up window navigate to and select the image you want over the disc and select OK.

10. The disc will now have the image, it can be moved by selecting and dragging it, if it’s large enough. 

11. For text, select the "Add Text or Layout Frame" icon in the bottom tool bar. Select "Text" then click on the image added from the previous step. Select a Font size and character, type or paste any text, click off the image and adjust as needed. 

12. Select "Print", Note the size of the disc print area borders can be adjusted from the "advanced" icon before printing if adjustment is needed. I believe there’s other options during printing as well.

Very nice instructions! It has nothing to do with mine and OP's problem but good instructions.

The problem is that adding an image (not a background) inserts the image too large. It can't be scaled down.

image Issue.JPG

The Images Garden Print CD does not work in latest Windows. Try NCH free version of Disketch Disk Label software. Works brilliantly with my MG7550. Just remember to go into preferences in the Canon printer and set up Print to CD (preferred) choice for printing output. Loads of control when placing an image for the background.

Announcements