cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canno Lide 120 scanner options on desktop

macmiller
Apprentice

I now use Canon IJ Scan Utility to scan documents.  I used to have a scan options box that came up on my desktop, in the lower right hand corner which allowed me to just hit it to bring up the various scan options (windows 10 desktop).  One day I clicked the 'x' box to close it and it disappeared and I am trying to figure out how to re-add it.  I have googled around but can't figure it out.  Any hints appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

macmiller
Apprentice

I figured it out in case anyone else wanders onto this thread.  It is called the Canon Quick Menu.  When I closed it, it disappeared from the desktop on my Windows 10 laptop and I couldn't figure out how to get it back.  Eventually I reinstalled the software from my Canon Lide 120 scanner and that brought it back.  181230_CanonQuickMenu.JPG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

macmiller
Apprentice

I figured it out in case anyone else wanders onto this thread.  It is called the Canon Quick Menu.  When I closed it, it disappeared from the desktop on my Windows 10 laptop and I couldn't figure out how to get it back.  Eventually I reinstalled the software from my Canon Lide 120 scanner and that brought it back.  181230_CanonQuickMenu.JPG

If you'd still like to have your Canon Scan Utility accessible from your desktop you might try this.

Find the Canon Scan Utility on the Win10 Start menu and left click and hold on the icon. Then drag the cursor to an open spot on your desktop and release the mouse button. This should place a shortcut to the program on your desktop. The same process can be used to add a shortcut on the task bar, if you prefer.

macmiller
Apprentice

thanks, that would also work.  Just a note however that the thing I was trying to get back on the desktop was the Canon Quick Menu which is different from a shortcut as it is a full menu system to access Canon products. 

Well the main thing is that you've got your menu back on the desktop where you want it. I thought it was one specific app you were dealing with and you were having more of an Win10 issue. Our computers at work have switched to Win10 and I'm still a bit baffled at times trying to customize the desktop and Start Menu, compared to Win7 and earlier versions. Beyond that it seems to work quite well.

Announcements