cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Disc Tray J to print PVC ID Cards

sassywvmom
Contributor

If you are having issues printing PVC ID cards in Disc Tray J here is one very important step that Canon "help support" failed to tell me and that was to change the Media Type to Printable disc (others).  They told me to check my paper size and make sure it was on Disc Tray J, and the paper source.  The paper source defaulted to cassette and didn't give any options to change it.  Once I change the Media Type it all fell in place.  I discovered this on my own minutes before throwing it out the window.  Brainstorm ID ([link removed per forum guidelines]) has a perfect template for Microsoft Word (plus other formats) to make ID cards if you don't already have one.  Many articles I read wanted me to use Photoshop stating the ID cards worked best when formated as a "photo".  I made mine in Word (as a template) and it looks great.

20 REPLIES 20

Tmaxout909
Contributor

I'm having problems printing on PVC cards,I have made sure im contacted via USB but im still not getting the media type option,im stuck and don't know what to do please helo

Hello Tmaxout909 I would really love to help, but you need to provide more information. If you read through this thread from the beginning and you cannot find solution to your problem, then you need tell us exactly what the problem is, the behaviour of the printer, any pop-ups or warnings on your screen or anything that'll help us understand you better. Include screenshots or pictures if necessary.

Thank you for the reasponce,I have a prixma mx922,and i have it connected via USB cord,and I'm using  windows 7,I go too brainstorm layouts and follow all step by step directions,when I get to the step page size and media type it does not give me those options,it says I have too be hooked up via USB and I am I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I need help

Not sure if your using the Word template from Brainstorm, but I did and this is what I did.  Once I saved the template, I then set my Canon Pixma MG7720 printer up as follows:

File > Print > Printer Properties

Quick Setup 

>Commonly Used Settings Tab

>>Standard

>Media Type

>>Other Papers (select) Printable Disc

>Printer Paper Size

>>Disc Tray J

>Print Quality

>>High

>Paper Source

>>Disc Tray

Do not know if this will help you or not, hope so.

Tmaxout909
Contributor
I'm not very good with computers at all,so in not to sure about a couple of things,when you say template are you talking about the layout tool from brainstorm that starts off with. Generate PDF?

Good Morning Tmaxout909

This is a link to the template, I selected the Microsoft Word template

[Mod Note: Link removed per FORUM GUIDELINES - further violations could lead to being banned from the Canon Community. Please read the Guidelines in their entirety.]

Need to scroll down til you see "Canon J Tray Templates" (I used Word - Vertical)

Have to leave for work, let me know if this helps.

Tmaxout909
Contributor

They took the link off could you email it too me [private info removed per forum guidelines]

Tmaxout909
Contributor
OMG thank you so much,I did what you said but if course I ran into a problem,for some reason I don't have word,so I downloaded pimp but like I told you in not that good with computers,I was totally lost,so I generated the PDF saved it,then I printed that way and it worked yea!!!it came on the cards the only thing is the picture was too small on card I need it bigger so it fits the whole card...

You should be able to resize the photo.  When you click on the photo there should be "dots" on each corner. Click on one and drag it to enlarge the size.  There is a "circle" at the top, in the middle that when you click you can rotate the photo box.  Need to play around with it some.  Just remember to save your original so you always have that to go back to when you need to.

Tmaxout909
Contributor
Any ideas
Announcements