cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install LiDE 220 Software

Bulldog
Contributor

I downloaded the LiDE 220 setup software directly from the Canon website [win-lide220-1_0-ucd.exe.] The software unpacks and then stops with this message: "Failed to acquire information on the driver and software. Check the network connection and try again."

Looks like my network connection is okay since I'm using it to submit this post.

How can I install the software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bulldog
Contributor

I discovered the cause of my problem and, eventually, the solution.

Here is the cause:

I unpacked the installer from Canon's website and read the msetup4.ini file. The URL that Setup is trying to reach, viz.,

URL=http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/rmds/ij/ijs/cd/%DEVICEID%/%CDTYPE_FORXMLURL%/win/0/cd_comp.xml

references an XML file that doesn't exist (or no longer exists.)

Here is the solution:

I used the disc that came with the LiDE 220 to setup the scanner, which installed the original v1.0 driver. (I've got a USB-attached optical drive.)

Next, I downloaded and installed the v1.02 driver [sc68-win-lide220-1_02-ea33_3] from Canon's website. I made sure that this was, in fact, the v1.02 driver by opening the installer's README folder and in turn opening the Version.txt file, which confirmed that the driver was MPDRIVER_VER=1.02.

I'm handy with a computer, but I wonder how much success the average computer user would have figuring this out. And if that user did not have an optical drive ... that would make it all the more frustrating.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bulldog
Contributor

I discovered the cause of my problem and, eventually, the solution.

Here is the cause:

I unpacked the installer from Canon's website and read the msetup4.ini file. The URL that Setup is trying to reach, viz.,

URL=http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/rmds/ij/ijs/cd/%DEVICEID%/%CDTYPE_FORXMLURL%/win/0/cd_comp.xml

references an XML file that doesn't exist (or no longer exists.)

Here is the solution:

I used the disc that came with the LiDE 220 to setup the scanner, which installed the original v1.0 driver. (I've got a USB-attached optical drive.)

Next, I downloaded and installed the v1.02 driver [sc68-win-lide220-1_02-ea33_3] from Canon's website. I made sure that this was, in fact, the v1.02 driver by opening the installer's README folder and in turn opening the Version.txt file, which confirmed that the driver was MPDRIVER_VER=1.02.

I'm handy with a computer, but I wonder how much success the average computer user would have figuring this out. And if that user did not have an optical drive ... that would make it all the more frustrating.

I am trying to install the LIDE software on a second computer.   I ran into the same problem described in the original post.  But I am unable to use his solution because I cannot find the installation disk that came with the LIDE 220.  Is there another solution?

emerson_clarke
Apprentice

SOLVED:

This is probably the same problem reported here with other Cannon Printer driver installs.

Just make sure the Background Intelligent Transfer service is running and the driver software will be able to connect to the internet.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/failed-to-acquire-information-on-th...

This might be a solition for some people, but what if you do not have an internet connection available? Currently I am not able to install the actual driver. It is not possible to activate an internet connection on that machine - not even temporary. What is the solution?

Btw.. enabling / disabling BITS or installing an older version first resulted in the same error.

Edit: Presonal solution for now: installing a driver from 2008. Why can't the actual software continue installation without internet connection? Is data collection valued higher than customer satisfaction?

Hi christiang,

If the computer cannot be connected to the internet, do you have access to a computer that does?

If so, you can download the driver onto a USB flash drive and then bring that drive to the other computer and install the drivers from that drive.

Please make sure that you are downloading the "Scanner Driver" and not the "Full Driver & Software Package".

The Scanner Driver is just that, the driver.  The Full Driver & Softwaqre Package is just an installation program.  It does not "contain" all of the files necessary for a complete installation.  Based on the selections that you make, it will download and install during the installation process.

The driver is named "CanoScan LiDE 220 Scanner Driver Ver.1.03 (Windows)" and is available for download from:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/photo-scanner/canoscan-li...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick,

many thanks for your answer & apologies for late reply.

We have several LiDE 220 and 300 installed on vessels and for security reasons the machines to which they are connected do not have internet connection. Thanks to your message I have now been able to install the driver from your website.

I am still wondering why a CD/DVD is shipped with the device, but does not contain anything besides a downloader. Also it is quite annoying that it requires an installation as lokal administrator. Just as feedback for the persons in charge of designing this process.. 🙂

Thanks again for your help.

Christian

I tried but an error messsage happen when trying to copy files error code 0001, 0002
Announcements