cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan LiDE 70 Scanner software for Mac Catalina

7catsbarking
Contributor

I have an old Canon scanner: Canoscan LiDE 70. Works great, except I just discovered that there is no compatible software for Catalina! Really need to scan some documents. Is there some generic scanning software that will control this scanner?

Any advice that doesn't involve buying a new scanner or reverting to the previous OS is appreciated.

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi 7catsbarking,

The CanoScan LiDE 70 is not supported with macOS v10.15 Catalina.  You can try using third party drivers from Hamrick, called VueScan.  For more information, please use the following link:

https://www.hamrick.com/

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you so much

The serial number of my PIXMA Canon printer/scanner is   KKCBxxxxx [remainder of serial number removed for privacy]

I am using Mac OS Catalina

Version 10.15.2

iMac (Retina K, 21.5 inch, 2019)

Hello Margaret2.

The MG5765 was not released in the U.S., and so I am unable to fully provide directions for troubleshooting it.  Try removing the printer, and then reinstalling using the Canon-produced installation for the printer driver, scanner driver, and Canon scanning software. 

The installations may be found through Canon support for your region.  To find the correct site, refer to the map on the Canon Global website.  If the above steps do not correct the problem, refer to the Canon support for your region for further troubleshooting.

I have a CanoSvan LIDE 90, this does not work under Catalina on my Mac Air. Is there a driver for the 90 series? Vuescan did not work for this.

Despite the claim that Vuescan is universal it does not work on many scanners.  My very common Brother scanner was not supported and the Vuescan guy said it was "hit or miss".  

Margaret2
Apprentice

My printer prints but will not scan (-9921) message comes up.

please what can I do?

Hi Margaret2,

What is the model number of the Canon product that you own?

What version of OSX is installed on your computer?

Are you using your Canon product with a USB cable or wirelessly?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

From Margaret2  

My computer is linked wirelessly to my printer/scanner

Oh sorry

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Buy Vuescan. It will work with almost any scanner out there.

Announcements