Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Scanner head in Canoscan LiDE 220 is jammed

[ Edited ]

I bought a Canoscan LiDE 220 back in January of 2018. It's worked great for two and a half years, but a few days ago I noticed a vertical black line appearing in my scans. I looked up the problem and read that I might need to remove the glass and clean the scanning strip to get rid of the line. I did so, but upon reassembling it the scanner head kept getting jammed. If I manually move the scanner head down it's able to return to the top, but it can't move down by itself without jamming and making a lot of noise. I've tried looking up other tutorials on how to fix this but can't seem to find anything.

I think there might be an issue with the scanning strip but I have no idea how to fix it or what could be wrong. If needed I can provide pictures or a video. Also, this is definitely a hardware issue, not a software one; the software was working just fine and the scanner only messed up after I fiddled with it.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scanner head in Canoscan LiDE 220 is jammed

Greetings,

Time for repair (Send to Canon) or time for a new scanner.

Plain and simple.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Scanner head in Canoscan LiDE 220 is jammed

Unfortunately, it seems as though Canon has discontinued support for my model of scanner (Canoscan LiDE 220). I tried calling and emailing and both led to a dead end. So Canon isn't of any help here.