cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner PDF problem

Alanmh70
Apprentice

Hi all, 

I`ve read the how to post a message but still didnt see anywhere to post about a scanner problem.

I hope and presume someone will put me in the right direction.

Sorry for any ingorance on my part.

My problem is this.

I have a Canon lide 220 scanner set up on a windows 10 desktop computer and it keeps scanning a document in pdf format and I want it in jpeg format.

I`ve gone into settings and messed about with them but still no joy.

I am presuming the scanner is automatically recognising and scanning as if its a pdf file, but is there a way to stop it doing so, or am I not getting it.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Alan

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Output options allows the following:  JPEG/Exif, TIFF, PNG, PDF, or PDF (Multiple Pages)..  

See page 118 of your manual

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Shadowsports, 

I agree that the scanner is old and I would be best to upgrade, the trouble is the dam thing just wont break down, I also have a Pixma 2600 Printer and that too just keeps going, couple that with a 9000 pro A3 printer and again they just keep working and I am loath to replace them till they stop working.

Perhaps Canon should build them with a limited life.

Having said that I have recently been thinking of just biting the bulit and replacing all 3 with a more up to date all in one printer, scanner and copier, but which one to go for is the problem.

I will have to trawl the internet and see which one fits my needs.

Many thanks for your advice and help.

Alan.

Announcements