cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner LiDE 220 and Mac Catalina 10.15, no compatible driver?

drbob1988
Apprentice

My scanner now only scans one time when I unplug it and plug it back in. I read here that Canon doesn't have a driver to work with the 10.15 version yet? I have updated everything available from Canon at this point. If there are suggestions please let me know as I will have to buy a new scanner very soon (and it won't be another Canon if I have too).

Thnx

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

ICA driver 4.1.4a supports OS Catalina according to the 220's support page. 

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNjU4MzA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Did you install this driver?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi drbob1988,

The CanoScan LiDE 220 is compatible with macOS v10.15, as Rick stated.

When you scan, are you using the IJ Scan Utility?  If so, which button on the Utility are you using; Photo or Document?

Also, have you tried using Image Capture?  Does this happen when you attempt to scan using Image Capture?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

ICA driver 4.1.4a supports OS Catalina according to the 220's support page. 

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNjU4MzA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Did you install this driver?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi drbob1988,

The CanoScan LiDE 220 is compatible with macOS v10.15, as Rick stated.

When you scan, are you using the IJ Scan Utility?  If so, which button on the Utility are you using; Photo or Document?

Also, have you tried using Image Capture?  Does this happen when you attempt to scan using Image Capture?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

drbob1988
Apprentice
I did after this post and it works great. Thank you!

drbob1988
Apprentice
Thank you! The correct driver did the trick.

Hi drbob1988,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements