cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MP Navigator EX will not open

WolverineSam
Apprentice

Hi.  Sorry to open this long dormant thread.  I too cannot open MP Navigator EX.  I have a Mac running OSX 10.13.2.  I opened the Canon Solutions Menu.  But when I click on "Scan/import photos or documents" MP Navigator will not open.  I downloaded the two drivers on Canon USA's website, namely 14.11.5a and ICA driver 4.1.4a, and installed them, but Navigator still will not open.  HELP!!!  Thanks!

Sam

30 REPLIES 30

Thank you. My Canon Lide 210 is back in working order!

I have a pixma mx 882, and running mojave 10.14.4 on a Mac.  I am able to print, but cannot get mp navigator to open  

flory
Contributor

Great

shotoutofcanok
Apprentice

ugh. I just updated my parents MAC with High Sierra (10.13.6) and am

having the same problems.  Can't believe I will have to buy a new scanner/printer. Looks

like Canon will lose another customer.

Megamanx
Apprentice

I have a canon Scan Lide 120 and I tried several different versions of MP navigator and none of them open.

I

philkdc
Contributor

This is what Canon sent me and it worked for Mojave on my Mac -- 

You can download the LIDE 210  ICA Driver Ver.4.1.4a  and LiDE 210 Scanner Driver Ver.17.7.1h for OS Mojave 10.14  by clicking HERE.

Once both drivers are downloaded and installed, please make sure the version of MP Navigator EX is Ver. 4.03. If it a older version, please click on the software tab next to the drivers tab and install the updated version of MP Navigator.

That did not work.  Still unable to scan

Canon, please help!

I found a solution that allows me to continue using my Canon Canoscan 9000F, but it costs.  It is called VueScan, and is sold by (Removed link as per Forum Guidelines).  The current cost is $40 for the "Standard Edition" and $90 for the "Professional Edition".  (You have to go thru a few pages to find out the price--so annoying when they do this.  /End rant.)  It's currently on sale for $10 less than what I paid.  I intend to use it for quite a while, including for film and slides, so I purchased the Professional Edition.  I've only done documents and photos so far, but it seems to be working fine.  (If you are dissatisfied, there's a free trial.)  It's supposed to work on 5600 scanner models.  I recommend it: much better than trashing my perfectly-good Canon scanner.

Frank

Hi martinigirl219,

For MP Navigator to return to functionality on your computer the old software will need to be completely removed from your computer. Just the MP Navigator software is what needs to be removed.

Ensure it is removed from the following locations: Canon Utilities Folder | Desktop | Dock (at the bottom of the screen) |

You may have to go Force Quit and Quit MP Navigator from that location as well. Once the program is removed empty the trash and restart your computer. 

After your computer has restarted you can trying using an older driver to work on your operating system. There is not a certainty that this will work.Click HERE to access the Canon website for the MX882. Once on the website locate Operating System and adjust it to the most recent OS with drivers available. You will want to download and install the following drivers/software from the appropriate tabs:

Drivers: MX880 series Scanner Driver Ver. 17.7.1b (Mac) & ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0(Mac)

Software: MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.1.4 (Mac)

Once the software is installed, open the MP Navigator EX program and attempt to perform a scan.

martinigirl219
Apprentice
Thanks. I will try that.
Announcements