cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MP Navigator EX will not open

WolverineSam
Apprentice

Hi.  Sorry to open this long dormant thread.  I too cannot open MP Navigator EX.  I have a Mac running OSX 10.13.2.  I opened the Canon Solutions Menu.  But when I click on "Scan/import photos or documents" MP Navigator will not open.  I downloaded the two drivers on Canon USA's website, namely 14.11.5a and ICA driver 4.1.4a, and installed them, but Navigator still will not open.  HELP!!!  Thanks!

Sam

30 REPLIES 30

Stop saying "glad you could help". You have not helped. You are a bunch of lazy money grabbers and I will never buy anything from you again. I've kept my equipment in good condition and have been rewarded by you allowing it to become obsolete.

I WOULD RECOMMEND you stop using polite language to fob people off. You've made me feel worse and I am annoyed. I didn't even want to update my computer but had to because some other stuff wouldn't work unless I did.

You should give me a new scanner

Nice

I'm having the same problem. Installed Mac OS 10.14 Mojave and now MP Navigator will not work and has rendered my scanner useless. Mine is a Canoscan 9000F. Will this software be updated or are you forcing my model (which was working perfectly) into the trash heap, too. Please let me know. 

Guess I have to buy a new scanner. You can bet it won't be a Canon. I am adamantly opposed to companies who make their perfectly good tech rendered useless to force upgrades. It is not a customer-oriented or environmentally friendly approach. I have several Canon products and will not buy more. 

I have the same problem after installing Mojave. I would like to know when/if a Mojave-compatible MP Navigator EX will be available. Otherwise, maybe I will try downgrading to High Sierra OS. If Canon doesn't solve this problem, they will lose yet another customer.

Here's another less than delighted customer. I have a perfectly good Canon Lide 210. I upgraded my OS, and now I can't use the scanner. This is criminal, not because you've ripped me off, but because we now have another piece of electronic junk for the scrapheap

I don't know all the fine print on Canon's guarantee, but here's the fine print on mine: I'll never buy so much as a lens wipe from Canon again, and I'll tell anyone and everyone I can about my wonderful experience with Canon.

I have an Lide 210 scanner that I was using with macOS 10.14. It sounds like there may not be a driver for that scanner. Let me know if that is correct. Also, if there is no driver, could you recommend a replacement model that would be comparable to the Lide 210. Thanks. 

I just read through the thread again. It sounds like the Lide 220 will work with macOS 10.13 and 10.14. Based on the model name it sounds like it could be comparable to the Lide 210. Could you confirm?

I found an updated macOS 10.13 driver for my Lide 210. I loaded the driver but the MP Navigator EX still does not open. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Hi philkdc,

You can download the LIDE 210  ICA Driver Ver.4.1.4a  and LiDE 210 Scanner Driver Ver.17.7.1h for OS Mojave 10.14  by clicking HERE.

Once both drivers are downloaded and installed, please make sure the version of MP Navigator EX is Ver. 4.03. If it a older version, please click on the software tab next to the drivers tab and install the updated version of MP Navigator.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements