cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MP Navigator EX will not open

WolverineSam
Apprentice

Hi.  Sorry to open this long dormant thread.  I too cannot open MP Navigator EX.  I have a Mac running OSX 10.13.2.  I opened the Canon Solutions Menu.  But when I click on "Scan/import photos or documents" MP Navigator will not open.  I downloaded the two drivers on Canon USA's website, namely 14.11.5a and ICA driver 4.1.4a, and installed them, but Navigator still will not open.  HELP!!!  Thanks!

Sam

30 REPLIES 30

Stephen

Hi WolverineSam!

Welcome to the Canon Community, and thanks for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly printer you're using, any error messages you're seeing, as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks!  I have a CanoScan 5600F hooked to directly to my iMac via USB.  The only message I get when Navigator tries to open and quits is "MP Navigator EX quit unexpectedly".  I have used the scanner many many times over the past 3 or 4 years.  It only started acting this wayyesterday.  I did upgrade to Apple's High Sierra OS a week or two ago.  It's version 10.13.2.  As I said, I downloaded the recommended drivers from Canonusa.com.  That didn't solve the problem though.  Thanks for your help!!

Sam

Hi WolvrineSam,

To resolve this issue, please follow the suggestion provided in the following Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169089

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I read the advice and deleted the driver for my canoscan lide 100 but am unable to download a driver on the website, which says there isn't one. Please advise. My version of navigator not opening. I also am not getting the sound of the scanner starting up like i used to when I plugged it into the usb of my laptop 

Hi, harrylynch!

Which version of Windows or Mac is in use?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Hi Jason, I"m using mac os sierra, 10.13.4 (17E199)

Deleted navigator (as I read somewhere I think on the canon website and tried to download some drivers and things but haven't got anywhere. I'm getting this message now:

Cannot start the MP Navigator EX. Check the following points.

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model is listed.

Canon E500 series
Canon MG2100 series
Canon MG3100 series
Canon MG4100 series
Canon MG5300 series
Canon MG6200 series
Canon MG8200 series

When your product model is not listed, install correspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX.

2. MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product model is installed.

3. Your product model is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply.

4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB.

Thanks H

Thanks for the information. The CanoScan LiDE 100 is an older model that supports Mac OS X up through Yosemite v10.10. Drivers are not available for later versions of Mac OS X.

We hope this helps!

so i can't use it then?

We would encourage you to consider upgrading to a more modern scanner.  Our current photo scanner offerings include the CanoScan LiDE 120 and LiDE 220, each of which supports macOS v10.13.  Click HERE to see our lineup!

Glad we could help!

Announcements