cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Canoscan Lide 120 and Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1

lwalker11
Contributor

I do not know what forum to sign in to .

My IMac had to be wiped and reinstalled. I can not install using my CD (CanoScan Lide 120 scanner ( It says I need to contact support.  It shows no driver to download,for my software which is Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1. .  Any help?

I called Support and they wants me to register and pay to ask a question.How much does a question costs and does anyone here no the answer

lwalker11

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. if someone is asking you to pay it is most likely not the official Canon support site.

2. If you have an old Canon scanner that will not be supported by Canon look into VueScan software.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@lwalker11 wrote:

I do not know what forum to sign in to .

My IMac had to be wiped and reinstalled. I can not install using my CD (CanoScan Lide 120 scanner ( It says I need to contact support.  It shows no driver to download,for my software which is Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1. .  Any help?

I called Support and they wants me to register and pay to ask a question.How much does a question costs and does anyone here no the answer

lwalker11

Greetings,

Here is the Catalina Specific Driver for your Lide120

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

i am not sure how I get the driver that shadowsports is talking about?

Can anyon hel[?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Its a link. Just click on it.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

i did download and install it and I still get an error saying the developer of this app needs to update to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

I then click learn more and it says when you attempt to open a 32 bit app you will be alerted to update . It says to contact the developer for more information.

Thanks for alll your help. Do you think I need a new scanner

See message 2 above. VueScan

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

thank you-- do I buy the standard for 49.99 or profesional for 99.95? Also i do not see a free trial period-- is there one?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I have no relationship with VueScan other than as a happy customer. This is just my interpretation from reading the website. The Standard is good for one year. Professional is lifetime. Both say they offer free trial. I don’t know what that actually involves.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

THANK YOU!!!  I trried it and lilke it so will probably stay with it.  Not sure  which I will buy the Professsional or yearly but will continue with trial for a while.

I apprecciate all who took there time to help me,

Have a great day

Lwalker11

Announcements