cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with FAX being selected instead of Print

fdm2000
Contributor

I have a Canon MX870 (with Win XP SP3) running in wireless mode via a Netgear G router. I have been getting conflickting responses from Canon tech. One tech wants me to install the latest driver - so I downloaded it and wondered if there might be any special installation instructions. One tech said to diable the firewall and disconnect from the internet before installing the driver. Another tech said that is unnecessary!

Still not getting the answer I posed, I again asked such questions as a. it it necessary to uninstall the existing driver that was installed from the CD-ROM initially and if so how does one unistall it.

What I got in response was detailed and confusing instructions for the initial printer setup and instructions for setting up the wireless configuation - never mentioning the downloaded latest driver installation.

All I want is a fix for the problem I am having with printing from some applications - wherein when I click on print in the file menus the driver selects FAX instead of print?

I would appreciate any suggestions or guidance in resolving the issue.

Frank

1 REPLY 1

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi fdm2000,

If the issue is only happening from some programs and not others, I suspect reinstalling the drivers won't do any good.  o we can better assist with this issue, please let us know what programs are having this issue and also let us know if the issue is consistant with these programs if you sometimes can select the printer isntead of the fax in these programs.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements