cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Recommendation Request

Panga83
Apprentice

Hi, 

I am trying to buy a printer for home, but can't decide which one to buy.

The primary purpose is to print family photos (my wife has a backlog of many years).

In my area, I have the options of the following printers only. Can you provide the top 3 or 5 printers which would be good for printing photos?

Secondary criteria is to keep printing cost optimal without sacrificing too much on print quality.

Thanks.

=====================================

hp officejet pro 8720
hp officejet pro 8715
hp officejet pro 8710
hp officejet pro 7720
hp officejet pro 6960
hp Deskjet Ink Advantage 5275
hp Ink Tank 415
hp Ink Tank 315
CANON i-SENSYS LBP613Cdw
CANON PIXMA TS6140
CANON PIXMA G3411
CANON PIXMA G3410
CANON PIXMA G2400
Epson L3060 Inkjet Printer
Epson L4150 Inkjet Printer
Epson EcoTank ITS L3050
EPSON L382 Multifunction
Brother DCP-T510W
Brother DCP-T500W

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PIXMA G-series printers feature built-in refillable ink reservoirs for black, cyan, magenta, and yellow ink. PIXMA TS-series printers feature replaceable ink cartridges, and in most models, the ink cartridges provide a wider variety of more specialized colors to provide greater accuracy in color reproduction.

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, Panga83!

Since this is the forum for Canon USA, we're naturally going to recommend Canon printers. More specifically, we recommend Canon PIXMA printers based on your need to print photos. They're designed to deliver lab-quality photo prints when you use genuine Canon photo paper while making efficient use of their ink supply.

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask.

We hope this helps!

Thank you for your response. 

Then please recommend which one is good for me:

CANON i-SENSYS LBP613Cdw
CANON PIXMA TS6140
CANON PIXMA G3411
CANON PIXMA G3410
CANON PIXMA G2400

As we mentioned previously, the inkjet PIXMA printers are ready for photo printing.  The PIXMA G-series in particular hold the largest quantity of ink so they can go longer between refills.  The specific models you mention are not available through Canon USA so we're unable make a more specific recommendation.  If you're not in the United States, you'll want to get in contact with the Canon company in your part of the world for more information on specific models.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Do a cost analyssis of papers, inks and initial investment. 

Then do a side by side comparison and decide which looks best to you.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

Panga83
Apprentice
Thanks for the clarity. Btw, what's the difference between G series and T series.

PIXMA G-series printers feature built-in refillable ink reservoirs for black, cyan, magenta, and yellow ink. PIXMA TS-series printers feature replaceable ink cartridges, and in most models, the ink cartridges provide a wider variety of more specialized colors to provide greater accuracy in color reproduction.

Have a great day!

Announcements