Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Studio Pro mac osx 10.15 Catalina error

mzamaites
Apprentice

macosx 10.15

Canon Pro-1000 printer

Photoshop 2019 CC

I upgraded to mac osx 10.15 catalina, and now whenever I open the Print Studio Pro plugin in Photoshop CC 2019 it crashes instantly and says "And error has occured... Print Studio Pro will now close" and my only options is "ok".

I tried reinstalling with a fresh copy of the plugin off the canon website and it still won't load. 

I wish I could use the standard photoshop print dialog but even selecting my MOAB paper profile the print still turns washed out and ugly.

Has anyone solved this?

36 REPLIES 36

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mzamaites,

Canon has not released driver for OS 10.15 Catalina and if you installed the Mojave version of the plug in, it may not work correctly. The public release of macOS10.15 Catalina is set for early October and shortly after it is released, Canon should have the drivers and updated software download. Please keep checking on the support page for you printer by clicking HERE after Catalina is released.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Any updates on when this version of the plugin will release?

have you any udates on when  new driver for Catalina will be released. Nearly a month now and now noise coming from Canon.

Any news??

Hi Woodss60.

As of this writing, there has been no information as to when the updated version of the Print Studio Pro plugin will be released. Updated software is being added everyday, so I will have to recommend periodically checking the driver download page over the next couple of weeks. On behalf of Canon, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you have any other questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So at this point we still have no word on an update?  I bought a new mac that came with Catalina pre installed and haven't been able to use Print Studio Pro for a month now.  The first rep I spoke with told me 1-2 weeks(3 weeks ago).  The second rep I spoke with told me "Apple just threw the operating system at them and they were trying to catch up."  Apple updates their OS every year at the same time, within a couple weeks variation.  This was a known issue for some time. For those of us that rely on print studio pro for our professional or student lives this is a ridiclous amount of time to wait for an update. Really just writing here because public complaint seems to be the only thing that ever gets issues like this moving forward.  While refreshign the support page twice a day is fun, a fuctioning version of the plug-in would be nice as well.

Hi there SLothlovechunk1. I'm as disappointed as you are. I've highlighed a workaround in a thread earlier in his forum. Bssically, if you have Lightroom then a workaround is to save the Photoshop as a TIF or JPG and open it in LR. Then you can use PSP from LR. 

Regards

Steve.

It is now January 2, 2020.  Any idea when Print Studio Pro will be available for the Pixma Pro 100 printer being used with Lightroom on an iMac with MacOS Catalina - version 10.15.2?

@tlynch7 wrote:

It is now January 2, 2020.  Any idea when Print Studio Pro will be available for the Pixma Pro 100 printer being used with Lightroom on an iMac with MacOS Catalina - version 10.15.2?

still no updates. really frustrating. 

Announcements