cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No possibility to scan multiple pages PDF with scanner PDF butto

mfft
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

On my CanoScan LiDE 120 there is a physical PDF button on the front of the scanner. Hovewer I cannot  find the possibility  to switch the file format from PDF to PDF (multiple pages):

Untitled.png

Is there any way to associate scan to multi-page PDF with a physical scanner button?

PS. This was available in year 2006 - I had scanner LiDE 25 back then.

Thanks,

Alexey.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mfft,

Multiple page PDF files can only be created when initiating the scan using the IJ Scan Utility on your computer.  Creating multple page PDFs using the PDF button on the CanoScan LiDE 120 is unfortunately not supported.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Well, this is a clear answer.

It is not clear, however, *why* this would not be supported? Perhaps I am missing something here, but this strikes me as very trivial functionality. Essentially, the designers of the software forgot to put the "multiple pages" option in the user interface for the button programming...?

It is a shame to see that, rather than quickly fixing this clear oversight in the design of the software, Canon would want to state that this is not supported.

😞

Announcements