cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need file cnmnpu.exe

Bluestater
Contributor

I need a link to this file: cnmnpu.exe. Please do NOT tell me to look on installation disk. Obvioulsy if I had it I wouldn't be asking the question. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bluestater,

The cnmnpu.exe file is contained within the installation package that is available for download from our web site.

Without knowing what model printer that you have and the version of Windows that you have, I would not be able to provide specific instructions, but...

Go to the support page for your printer and download the MP Drivers.

Once downloaded, open your downloads folder.  Do you see ".exe" at the end of the file?  If not, this view must be enabled.  If you are using Windows 10, click on "View" at the top of File Explorer and then place a check mark next to File name extensions (see image below).

Change the .exe to .zip and then double click it.  In one of the folders that appear will contain cnmnpu.exe.

If you provide the model number of your printer and operating system, i can provide specific steps, but this should lead you to where you wish to be.

view.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

I have a MF741Cdw and I couln't find the cnmnpu.exe file.  The driver's folder extracted is MF741CMFDriverV6401W64

Hello oopseedo,

If you've followed the instructions in this thread and you still need assistance, we recommend reaching out to support. 

Click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

I too need this file, or at least a solution for my MF644cdw.  When I try to run the driver installation software from the optical disk it fails because it cannot create a port.  Best solution I can find from others with the same problem is to run this file to remove printer ports.  This is a refurbished computer and may have had other printers installed in the past.

This is extremely frustrating that I cannot use my $400 laser printer because of a basic software conflict.  I really thought the Canon software would be written well enough to fix this issue itself.  Please help.

Hi sweso82.

For imageCLASS models, the process may be different.  If you're located in the U.S., our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

If you're located outside of the U.S., you may find your branch of Canon through the map at https://global.canon/en/support.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Fwiw - I never use the CD to install a printer since I always assume it is outdated. I download the driver and the IJ Network Tool from the support site and have never had a problem.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Did you try what Patrick provided?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes. Does not work. See post directly above yours. 

Do not move the file outside of the folder that it is in before running it.

view.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. Found it. 

Please leave this up. There are other people who need this solution as I saw many posts about the same subject.

Announcements