cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need file cnmnpu.exe

Bluestater
Contributor

I need a link to this file: cnmnpu.exe. Please do NOT tell me to look on installation disk. Obvioulsy if I had it I wouldn't be asking the question. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bluestater,

The cnmnpu.exe file is contained within the installation package that is available for download from our web site.

Without knowing what model printer that you have and the version of Windows that you have, I would not be able to provide specific instructions, but...

Go to the support page for your printer and download the MP Drivers.

Once downloaded, open your downloads folder.  Do you see ".exe" at the end of the file?  If not, this view must be enabled.  If you are using Windows 10, click on "View" at the top of File Explorer and then place a check mark next to File name extensions (see image below).

Change the .exe to .zip and then double click it.  In one of the folders that appear will contain cnmnpu.exe.

If you provide the model number of your printer and operating system, i can provide specific steps, but this should lead you to where you wish to be.

view.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Danny

Hi, Bluestater!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know which Canon product you're using along with exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I could do that but none of that matters to my request. This is a program that clears ports so that I can set up wieless printing. I have used several times and now I have a new computer and cannot remember where I found the file. For some reason it is not available on the Canon site anywhere. 

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART158887&cat=9719A001&actp=LIST

Since you don't have the disk download the installer from the Canon support site.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

The installer does NOT have the file. The link that I keep getting actually says that you need to download FROM THE DISC. I DO NOT HAVE THE DISC. I don't know why this is so hard. 

Since you chose not to provide the information reqested by the mod no one knows what printer you have.

Had you shared that information perhaps one of the folks on this forum might have the same printer and the disk and they could PM you with the file from the disk.

Btw - shouting doesn't usually get one very far on this forum.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

This file is for ALL printers. It clears ports. Not specific to any particular printer.  I only shouted after replies pointed to the same link that was exactly the thing that I had in the original post as what I was NOT looking for. Isn't there any actual support by Canon on this forum? Generally there is an employee who monitors. 

Danny, up above, is a Canon employee, but you blew him off.

Hi Bluestater,

The cnmnpu.exe file is contained within the installation package that is available for download from our web site.

Without knowing what model printer that you have and the version of Windows that you have, I would not be able to provide specific instructions, but...

Go to the support page for your printer and download the MP Drivers.

Once downloaded, open your downloads folder.  Do you see ".exe" at the end of the file?  If not, this view must be enabled.  If you are using Windows 10, click on "View" at the top of File Explorer and then place a check mark next to File name extensions (see image below).

Change the .exe to .zip and then double click it.  In one of the folders that appear will contain cnmnpu.exe.

If you provide the model number of your printer and operating system, i can provide specific steps, but this should lead you to where you wish to be.

view.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a CNMNPUT.exe but it is inoperable. Date created 8/30/12.

Capture.PNG

Announcements