cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need New Canoscan 64 bit for my iMAC

doknyx
Apprentice

I just upgraded my iMac to OS Catalina 10.15. Suddenly my old favourite Canoscan LIDE 70 no longer works. It's a 32 bit.

Nothing can be done, I'm told. It's now junk, unless I can give it away to someone else. (I can't, it's junk.)

What's the best equivalent value replace that's 64 bit — Canoscan LIDE 300, Canoscan LIDE 400, or ...?

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I would look at the most-recent model in the Canoscan LIDE line (offhand, I don't know what that is).   And, make sure that macOS 10.15 (Catalina) is listed as a supported operating system for that unit's software (i.e. drivers, applications).

To be fair, the LIDE 70 came out when we had Mac OS X 10.2 and we're now 12 generations later with macOS 10.14.   Software won't run indefinitely as new operating systems come out.  And, most companies will only go back so far to update software.  I know that's not what you wanted to hear.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi doknys,

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements