cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My image Garden

timfc0649
Apprentice

Every time I try to use My Image Garden, my computer freezes and I have to hold the power button to shut down completely, then re-boot.  Printer is MG5420, Computer is Dell Inspiron 1545, Intel Core 2 Duo 2 ghz, 4gig ram, Windows 7 Home Premium.

So far I have been unable to use My Image Garden, and therefore I cannot print on discs (my main reason for buying this printer).

Anyone else having this problem? Any solution?

20 REPLIES 20

I have exactly the same problem. The image just freezes. Interestingly, on our other (smaller) desktop PC the Image Garden still works normally. We have not figured out where the problem is... Smiley Sad

Spoiler

I remember a version of it working on early builds of WIndows 10, not sure how long ago but now, nothing helps.\

I also remember a setting I had to fix somewhere for the software to start up (that I found out by accident, Canon didn't know) but don't remember that either, it was 8 months ago.

I am sure if I had left it alone, that 800 odd meg of memory would have kept climbing and climbing!!!

cscarbor
Apprentice

I have the problem of My Image Garden freezing also.  Specifically when I scan (from the menu from the screen or from the LCD menu on the printer).....same thing happens.....it scans my document, but then it shows the My Image Garden on the screen.....but it is frozen and I have to go to Cntrl-Alt-Del and select My Image Garden, then punch "End Task".  I've tried uninstalling My Image Garden and re-installing it, but that does not work. 

jeffmaz
Apprentice

I have a Pixma 922mx inwhich I use Image Garden to print CDs. It usually goes fine, but suddenly in the dialog box it blows up the disc image and moves it off center and it gets to print that way see here:

badprintalign.pngSo I've looked on the boards and searched on Google and haven't found a fix. Could it be my upgrade to Mac OS 10.11.6: (Elc Captain) of do I need to upgrade the OS or...

What could be the fix??

I'm disappointed that Canon doesn't have an easy path to solving issues.

Still no answers. Print dialog now omits the graphic view.

Louise3
Apprentice

I cannot print from my image garden?? Error message is being displayed 4102- change media type and paper size. I've done this several times but still not printing. I've been able to print with other printing software, but not image garden :smileyfrustrated 

HappyG
Apprentice

Same problem.

all the other tools in the canon suite work except my image garden....it goes non responsive and i have to end from task manager.

Very disapointing considering i have just bought the printer and installed drivers and software direct for canon as instructed in set up (assumtion here is that this is the latest revision of the software)

What is the fix canon?.

"What is the fix canon?"

Call 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I ended up using InDesign and finding a CD template online which I reworked to design any CD. I must say is works perfectly, just takes longer. Print dialog box and everything works. My Image Garden was easy for q2uick stuff. Sorry the techies at Canon can't seem to or don't want to fix it.

Michigan_PI
Apprentice

This is probably the WORST program I have ever used. It constantly crashes, you can't save your work in a way that it can be backed up or accessed. 

I cannot believe that a company such as Canon is not embarrassed to even offer such a crappy product!!

That being said, what other option is there to design and print on disks that works with the MX922?

Or do I just need to send it back to Amazon?

Announcements