cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing sheen on eggshell cardstock

arcticranger
Apprentice

I gave some 100lb eggshell cardstock to a local printer and got back cards that had a distinct sheen and visible texture that was beautiful.  I was told their printers were inkjet not digital.  When I use that same paper in my own Canon Pixma inkjet the image comes out with great colors but very flat, even when printing at high quality.   I'm wondering what the difference could be.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, arcticranger!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon PIXMA printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

The printer is a Canon Pixma ix 6820.  My initial post was wrong, I have learned that the commercial printers I used did digital printing on my eggshell cardstock.

I spoke to the paper manufacturer.  They told me that their eggshell cardstock is mean for inkjet printing to create a matte effect.  But the digital printing toner did work and created a really impressive sheen and texture.  Is there a way to achieve that sheen with my ix6820 or must I buy a digital printer? 

Hi arcticranger,

Printnig the type of sheen that you are referring to cannot be performed with the PIXMA iX6820.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements